BEng. (Hons) MBA MIEE
Oakington Business Park, Dry Drayton Road, Oakington, CB4 5BQ
Tel:0845 880 4300 Mobile: 07781 000111 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
| ||< Name and professional qualification clearly shown followed by contact information.|
A dedicated and highly motivational Technical Project Manager and an acknowledged expert in the computer field. First class problem solving skills and proactive in maximising effective use of IT.
Demonstrable track record of bringing £multi-million projects in on budget and in time. Extensive client relationship skills built through contract negotiation and joint programme developments.
| ||< Short summary of your experience, skills and abilities in no more than six line. These should be relevant to vacancy or company being approached.|
- Achieved savings in excess of £1million per annum by improving build and test processes resulting in significantly reduced lead times.
- Conceived, specified and project managed rollout of Unix platforms across manufacturing platform whilst simultaneously implementing real-time software project across 4 sites on 2 continents.
- Managed and developed a first class team of Product Engineers with worldwide responsibility for range of products with combined revenues of £25 million per annum.
- Involved in the successful implementation of company restructuring within company target deadlines
| ||< The 3 or 4 things which you are most proud of and which would grab the attention of an employer.|
- Programme Management - Prince 2 trained, structured methodologies, Phase review techniques Applications - MS Office (Macro level), Lotus Notes, Super Project Expert, Microplanner
- Operating Systems - NT (Server admin Level), Unix (scripting level), All Windows (Registry Level)
- Languages - C++ (4 yrs Commercial), VB (2 yrs Commercial), Fortran TPL (1 yr Academic)
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Hands on manager with excellent people skills.
| ||< Technical and softer skills.|
|John Smith CV - Page 2|
| ||< Name each page in case CV becomes separated.|
03/99 to date ABC Company Ltd
Contract Computer Manufacturer
IS Project Manager
Managed a programme of work to jointly develop and integrate DECT / 2.4GHz 'DECT' products with customer.
- Defined the product requirements and programme of work with the customer, including budget, schedule, milestone and resource plans. Delivered the £4.M programme within 3% of planned budget and schedule.
- Successfully formed, led and developed multi-site and multi- -disciplined team of 16 engineers. Coached an RF and software engineer through the transition to section leader creating an effective team structure.
- Actively managed risk from project start, regularly reviewing with customer. Risk mitigation techniques employed to successfully prevent schedule impact.
- Reported progress regularly to Board/Senior Management of both companies, achieved programme change approvals when necessary.
11/95 - 03/99 DEF Company Ltd
Electronic Equipment Manufacturer
Development of business strategy, logistics and processes for surplus stock management for major clients in the electronics industry.
- Client facing project manager for all business negotiations across two continents.
- Responsible for the manufacturing strategy, the technical product introduction, network development and sales strategies.
- Production of data management systems and quality feedback.
- Extensive work with IS Security and the Change Control Board in implementing new policies and procedures, to reduce operational and technology risk.
07/89 - 10/95 MNP Company Ltd
Provided consultancy and project management services for all customer contact systems e.g. CTI applications, use of Intelligent Networks.
- Reduced the telecomm revenue spend by over £900k (50%) p.a.
- Project managed implementation of fax servers across 18 UK sites on time and under budget by 15%.
- Identified disaster recovery requirements, proposed solution and implemented plan.
- Identified need for and implemented ADSL connections to home-workers and fax servers for the contact centres.
< Include a brief job description and then list key responsibilities. Be specific and quantify your achievements.
John Smith CV - Page 3
1988 - 1989 XYZ Company Ltd
Assigned hardware and software design responsibilities for hardware test simulators used in the manufacturing test process.
| ||< Positions which are not relevant because of time past should show minimal detail only.|
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
1993 MBA (Henley Management College)
1988 BEng (Hons) Engineering
Member of the Institute of Electrical Engineers
ITIL Service Management Foundation
< Mention only your most formal qualifications and any relevant courses or diplomas.
< List memberships to guilds, institutes or organisations here.
- Interests include taking part in team sports including rugby and cricket. Captain of local cricket team for past five years.
- Also reading, photography and hill walking.
- 39 years of age, married with two children
- Prepared to relocate
- Clean driving licence, excellent health
| ||< Recruiters take a keen interest in this section as it reveals character. Use your own judgement, as an overly busy person may be seen as distracted from their job. Details such as age, driving licence, work permit, etc. are an option and can be used to advantage where appropriate.|